[Xastir-dev] Cygwin port detect/new stable release

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Mar 25 13:08:17 EST 2004

The answers I got on the Cygwin mailing list point to the fact that
com1 and /dev/ttyS0 are handled exactly the same in the code, and
there is no Windows-version-specific code in that section.

That means to me that if we do a detect using "test -c /dev/ttyS0"
we'll run into the same sort of hang on some WinXP boxes as we did
with "test -c com1".

For that reason I'm going to suggest we stick with the "test -d
/dev/registry", even though I don't like that, and put out a new
stable release right away.

The stable release will have that device-detect hang fixed and will
have the correct URL for terraserver/toposerver in it.

If anyone has any objections, please voice them immediately.  I'll
plan to do a new stable release (1.3.1) later today or early
tomorrow.