[Xastir-dev] several unrelated ideas

Derrick J Brashear shadow at dementia.org
Thu Mar 25 18:36:35 EST 2004

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> People have been asking for that functionality in Xastir.  If we had
> that I think more people would use Xastir for mobile navigation.
> Heck, I'd find it more useful for SAR at times too, like when they
> give us a road name and don't tell us what city/highway it is near.

not clear how well it deals with that, sadly. but we can try to enhance it
after we have the basics working

> We could develop the tools to use those features.  I'd be willing to
> support you in that effort.  We might not get to highlighting roads
> that will get you there, but we could at least draw a big ugly
> vector between you and the destination, which would at least help.

highlightin roads to get you there is a long-view goal for me but my
expertise is limited.

i guess i'll start working on the geocoder, i can probably do the gui to
feed it input but i'll be lost when it comes to drawing the resulting
point on the map