[Xastir-dev] first cut at geocoder

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Mar 31 12:22:48 EST 2004

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> > > finished last night I'll build indexes from it today. Maybe it will be
> > > better.
>
> It finished, too.

Do you have any by-state indexes I can snag yet?  I'm just after
WA right now, but will be after OR/ID later.  Need something smaller
so I can install at home, plus I'm building disk images for two SAR
truck-mount PC's, and I'd like to get that new feature installed in
them as well.  They don't have a lot of space left after I install
all their maps.

> Anyone look at the routing code in the tmrs link I sent last night? Looks
> a bit cumbersome for a large amount of data due to memory usage, which is
> a shame.

I haven't looked at it, but perhaps we can use our map extent index
and some smart decisions about the possible search area, then just
run those nodes through the code instead of all maps on the system?

Something like:  Area containing points A/B plus XX miles (or km)
around them in all directions.  Find maps inside those extents and
chug on them.  Would that fit into their system?