[Xastir-dev] first cut at geocoder

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Mar 31 16:23:48 EST 2004

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> > If we merged them, we could create a separate make target for
> > building the tools, and there'd be only one copy of each file in
> > CVS.  The tools would not get built by default.  Better?
>
> One directory, many targets, would be my preference, but I've been a
> developer less long than most of you, so I'll take when I'm offered and
> like it.

I'm inclined in this case to go with the one-directory many-targets
approach, as we're already using part of his code in our latest
Xastir, plus it doesn't look like there'll be much in the way of
updates from his site.  It looks like a one-time-shot project that
he did so it'll be up to us to maintain it from this point on.
There's not a large need to keep it separate from the rest of our
code, particularly since the license is GPL.

If it was fairly independent code from Xastir and/or might have the
possibility of continuous updates from the author in the future, I'd
want to either keep it in a separate directory or else not have it
in our project at all.