[Xastir-dev] geocoder Tiger 2003-based files

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Wed Mar 31 19:00:07 EST 2004

How about the following:

directory/
	CC.geocode	File containing geocode for entire CC Country
			where CC is ISO 2 letter country code.

	CC/		Directory containing data for CC Country as above.

	CC/S.geocode	File containing geocode for S state/province/etc. within
			CC Country.

	CC/S/		Directory containing data for S as above.

	CC/S/c.geocode	File containing geocode data for c City/County/etc.

	CC/S/c/...	Not sure this would be useful, but, the nice thing is
			that if we make the UI recursive, it will find what
			it's looking for as deep as it needs to go, if
			necessary, and we don't have to worry about arbitrary
			limits or keeping full data always available.

Just my $0.02, and, in this case, it is not unlikely I am completely
without knowledge on the subject of which I speak.

Owen