[Xastir-dev] Broken station location

Tom Russo russo at bogoflux.losalamos.nm.us
Wed Mar 31 22:23:09 EST 2004

I did a cvs update of xastir from anon cvs this evening around 0200
UTC and now find that Xastir is positioning my fixed station
incorrectly.  It seems to be doing just fine on incoming station
posits.  I enter my station location either by keying in the lat/long
in the configure->station dialog, or by right-clicking "Move My
Station Here", and it does not get the position right.

For example, I just keyed in 38d58.190'N and 106d18.294'W and my
station icon showed up at 38d59.900'N 106d20.939'W.  If I right click
on 38d58.190'N and 106d18.294'W my station icon also shows up at
38d59.900'N and 106d20.939'W.

The bogosity of station location appears limited to my own.  Incoming
station posits are placed correctly (I can tell by where it puts the
digipeaters).

The only commit today that has made it to anon cvs was to util.c ---
the copy I had checked out tonight was version 1.97.  If I check out
util.c version 1.96 then the pathology goes away.  I suspect there's
some broken logic there.

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1 http://www.qsl.net/~km5vy/
 "It is inhumane in my opinion to force people who have a genuine
  medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently
  view it as some kind of recreational activity."  -- Dave Barry