[Xastir-dev] Use of SIGUSR1

Henk de Groot henk.de.groot at hetnet.nl
Mon May 10 14:57:47 EDT 2004

Hello Curt and Derrick,

At 14:23 9-5-2004 -0700, Curt Mills wrote:
>On Sun, 9 May 2004, Derrick J Brashear wrote:
> > I assume it's raised by "kill -USR1" e.g. it's a user signal, for *you* to
> > use to signal Xastir

Okay, that's what I expected, aparently not used internally by any code...
Note with "kill" any thread can process the signal, I wonder if it works in
all cases...

>I'd certainly have no problem adding #ifdef's in there so that bit
>of code would be disabled for old pthreads.  Just need some variable
>to tie it to.

That would be great since that will make Xastir run again out of the box on
such systems. Taking out the "signal" call is already enough to make it
work so I can patch it easly for now... It seems to work okay with this on
my old 486 RedHat laptop.

Kind regards,

Henk.