[Xastir-dev] Use of SIGUSR1

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon May 10 16:56:04 EDT 2004

On Mon, 10 May 2004, Henk de Groot wrote:

> Okay, that's what I expected, aparently not used internally by any code...
> Note with "kill" any thread can process the signal, I wonder if it works in
> all cases...

I think you have to send it to the main thread PID, but I haven't
tested that fully.  It works if I do that though.

> >I'd certainly have no problem adding #ifdef's in there so that bit
> >of code would be disabled for old pthreads.  Just need some variable
> >to tie it to.
>
> That would be great since that will make Xastir run again out of the box on
> such systems. Taking out the "signal" call is already enough to make it
> work so I can patch it easly for now... It seems to work okay with this on
> my old 486 RedHat laptop.

Look at the latest CVS.  There's now "//#define OLD_PTHREADS" near
the top of main.h.  Define that and the SIGUSR1 handler will go
away.

We'll try to work on getting autoconf tests for it later so that it
will automatically enable/disable that handler based on your version
of pthreads, but for now the #define should be easier than what
you've been doing.