[Xastir-dev] dbfawk now defaults on - problem

Tom Russo russo at bogoflux.losalamos.nm.us
Sat May 22 14:47:48 EDT 2004

On Sat, May 22, 2004 at 09:32:02AM -0700, a Mr. Richard Feyler of Fort Lee, New Jersey <archer at eskimo.com> writes 'Dear Rosanne Rosannadanna':
> On Fri, 21 May 2004, Tom Russo wrote:
>
> > I tested it with various combinations of things like --with-dbfawk,
> > --without-festival, --with-ax25, etc., and in each case the intuitive
> > behavior resulted, and configure ignored my attempts to enable features for
> > which prequisites weren't installed (as should happen).
>
> Except for festival and gpsman.  Those two were initially done
> differently in configure.ac/acinclude.m4, and need to be tweaked so
> that the --without-* flags work for them.
>
> If you try to disable them but have the proper files on your system
> to support them, they'll get compiled in anyway.  Jack might get a
> chance to look at this, since I'd have to do a bunch of studying to
> figure it out.

Ah.  I see what I did wrong.  The checks for with-festival and with-gpsman
are done *after* the code detects whether the binaries and headers are there,
so HAVE_FESTIVAL and HAVE_GPSMAN are already set.  The check for the
AC_ARG_WITHs has to happen first, and the probes for the packages have to be
conditioned on the appropriate "use_" variable.

A simple fix.  context diff attached.

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1 http://www.qsl.net/~km5vy/
 "If life gives you lemonade, kick it in the balls and say 'Hey, I wanted
  a beer.'"