[Xastir-dev] Seeing weird fill patterns

Tom Russo russo at bogoflux.losalamos.nm.us
Mon May 31 00:00:24 EDT 2004

On Sun, May 30, 2004 at 09:50:34PM -0600, a Mr. Richard Feyler of Fort Lee, New Jersey <russo at bogoflux.losalamos.nm.us> writes 'Dear Rosanne Rosannadanna':

> It's true that there are many returns possible prior to this call of
> XSetFillStyle, but it seems that all of those would result in the current
> shapefile not getting drawn.
>
> On the other hand, the fill style is not reset to solid until the next
> time a non-weather-alert draw_shapefile_map is called, which is wrong: perhaps
> the stipple pattern is still set for non-shapefile maps that get drawn
> after your wx alert.  Perhaps another call to XSetFillStyle(XtDisplay(w), gc,
> FillSolid) needs to happen prior to all the returns subsequent to the one on
> line 1648 to be sure draw_shapefile_map cleans up its droppings when it's
> done instead of next time it gets called.

Actually, there is only one return point -- the end of the routine -- that
follows the XSetFillStyle call on line 1648, so perhaps just adding
XSetFillStyle(XtDisplay(w), gc, FillSolid) to the end of the routine will end
this once and for all?

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1 http://www.qsl.net/~km5vy/
 "If life gives you lemonade, kick it in the balls and say 'Hey, I wanted
  a beer.'"