[Xastir-dev] Seeing weird fill patterns

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Mon May 31 01:07:40 EDT 2004

On Sun, 30 May 2004, Tom Russo wrote:

> > For this one you'll need to make a dbfawk file for if you want anything
> > other than the default behavior, of course.

Thanks for the new file.  I'll probably try that later once all the
bugs are worked out of the default state.

Question:  Is there a relatively simple way to allow the user to
select various parameters for each map that get written to a per-map
configuration file?  For instance, in the Shapefile case, could we
have Xastir write a customized dbfawk file, or some other format
that would work across all vector map types?

The user would need some sort of interface which allows examining
the map file in question, setting various parameters for each zoom
level, and of course loading/saving configuration files.  This could
get quite complicated in a hurry unless it was well thought out from
the beginning.

Yet another thing to think about, having to do with Scott's recent
posting about SAR/APRS programs on APRSSIG:  What extensions to the
Map Chooser are needed?  If I had a clear picture of what to do, I
could try to fit in some coding on this problem each week until the
Map Chooser was reasonably useful.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer