[Xastir-dev] Seeing weird fill patterns

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Mon May 31 00:37:50 EDT 2004

On Sun, 30 May 2004, Tom Russo wrote:

> > No DBFAWK signature for z_30au02.shp!  Using default.
>
> Yeah, we talked about that -- you're using an old zone file that doesn't have
> the same signature as the current ones.  If I were you and didn't want
> to download a new one, I'd definitely do the kludge I mentioned before --- copy
> the nwsz_ddmmyy.dbfawk file from config to your Counties directory, rename
> it z_30au02.dbfawk, and edit the dbfinfo string so it matches your signature.
> That way you'll be able to get the right thing done with your zone file.
> And if you download a new one later it'll have a different name and match
> the signature in the config/nwsz_ddmmyy.dbfawk file, so it will work out of
> the box

I don't want to do that.  I'm simulating a new user (or a
new-to-dbfawk user) that doesn't have the correct files in place.
The default behavior shouldn't corrupt the entire map screen, right?

With the latest fixes you suggested (that I just checked in to CVS),
will the default behavior be correct now?  I mean, will it not
stipple the entire map screen?

> > No DBFAWK signature for transparent/shapefiles/noaa/s_24ja01.shp!  Using default.
>
> For this one you'll need to make a dbfawk file for if you want anything
> other than the default behavior, of course.

The default is fine.  I get the state borders only, which is what I
want anyway.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer