[Xastir-dev] Xastir looping FireNet to APRS-IS?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Nov 3 13:14:48 EST 2004

The guy has been contacted, he's changed his configuration, and he
sent me his config file.  He was evidently connected to Firenet and
to an INET server, although the INET server is not in the config
file now.

About the only unusual thing I see is that the global
INET_RUN_AS_IGATE is set to 2, which allows igating in both
directions I think.  Igating for each individual interface is set to
0 though.

Even if all of them are enabled for igating individually, the code
is supposed to only igate messages between the two, and only between
TNC and NET interfaces, not between NET interfaces directly.

This might require more investigation.  The scenario is that he was
gating objects from the Firenet server onto an INET server.

Two more things to check:  Whether the nws-stations.txt file can
bypass the checks, and whether a different LANG setting can cause
sscanf to misread the config file and cause errant operation.  In
this case he probably tried to bring it up in the French language
first.