[Xastir-dev] db4

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sun Nov 28 15:00:49 EST 2004

On Sun, Nov 28, 2004 at 02:43:41PM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <brown at brauhausdc.org> flavor, containing:
> On Sun, 28 Nov 2004, Tom Russo wrote:
>
> >There's also a "--with-bdb-incdir" and "--with-bdb-libdir" option you can
> >use
>
> This didn't quite seem to do the trick - and I'm pretty sure was redundant,
> since /sw...  was already there, from other checks that happen.
>
> Here is what I used for "configure" which picked up the right db.h and
> libdb:
>
> ./configure LDFLAGS="-L/sw/lib -ldb" CPPFLAGS="-I/sw/include" \
> --with-bdb-incdir=/sw/include/db4 --with-bdb-libdir=/sw/lib

I have no Mac OS X platform to try this on, but I'll try to look over the
configure script and see what other things it's assuming that make you have
to override so much.  It should be sufficient to have --with-bdb-incdir
and --with-bdb-libdir to pick up both the db.h and lib file needed.  What
you've done has basically rendered the probe superfluous.

If you contact me offline we can dig through your config.log and see if
we can't see where things are going wrong.

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1 http://www.qsl.net/~km5vy/
 "Politics consists of choosing between the disastrous and the unpalatable."
                                      -- John Kenneth Galbraith