[Xastir-dev] thoughts on route finding

Derrick J Brashear shadow at dementia.org
Sun Sep 26 01:52:20 EDT 2004

I know it's come up before, but it's been a while.

There's a project called "tmrs" on sourceforge. In theory that's "Tiger
Mapping and routing Server" but he has tiger-independent post-processed
file formats, and aspires to have converters for other sources. He also
has Astar route finding (but the code is commented out; if you uncomment
it and feed it valid input, it does work). However it only finds routes to
nearest major highway.

I have some hacks to it built up now, if anyone else wants to play with
it.