[Xastir-dev] thoughts on route finding

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sun Sep 26 14:09:56 EDT 2004

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> I know it's come up before, but it's been a while.
>
> There's a project called "tmrs" on sourceforge. In theory that's "Tiger
> Mapping and routing Server" but he has tiger-independent post-processed
> file formats, and aspires to have converters for other sources. He also
> has Astar route finding (but the code is commented out; if you uncomment
> it and feed it valid input, it does work). However it only finds routes to
> nearest major highway.
>
> I have some hacks to it built up now, if anyone else wants to play with
> it.

At the risk of sounding like an idiot (and I have a perfect record
so far of that):

    Route finding goooood...

What sort of hacks?  Something to where you can built it/use it at
all using only their code, or something where we can start it up
from Xastir?

Is it a:

1) Daemon,
2) Something we can compile in as a library, or
3) Something we can call as a standalone exeutable?

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer