[Xastir-dev] thoughts on route finding

Derrick J Brashear shadow at dementia.org
Mon Sep 27 11:29:38 EDT 2004

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004, Curt Mills wrote:

>> I have some hacks to it built up now, if anyone else wants to play with
>> it.
>
> At the risk of sounding like an idiot (and I have a perfect record
> so far of that):
>
>    Route finding goooood...
>
> What sort of hacks?  Something to where you can built it/use it at
> all using only their code, or something where we can start it up
> from Xastir?

it's useful out of the box, but for instance it only uses a street name
and number. for a first pass hack i gave it the ability to match on a zip
code. matters because every town has a main st.

> Is it a:
>
> 1) Daemon,

yes, but you don't want it in the form it's in

> 2) Something we can compile in as a library, or

could easily become this

> 3) Something we can call as a standalone exeutable?

yes, if you call without the flag that makes it daemonize