[Xastir-dev] set tnc to kiss-mode

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Apr 12 11:45:10 EDT 2005

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005, Andreas Bier wrote:

> I have extended my xastir with a funtion to set a tnc2-device into kiss-mode by
> sending the string "\x1b at k\r" to it before accessing it. (maybe later resetting
> it by sending an other string). It's needed by almost all tnc2-devices running
> the standard-firmware.
> Of course, the code is very simple, simple enough for me because I`m a bad
> c-programmer;-)
> I plan to make this function available by adding a select-button in the
> interface-section (changing kiss-tnc's). Is there a chance to include it also in
> the next official release of xastir?

Yes, that is a function that several people have asked for in the
past.  If it's implemented reasonably well there's a good chance
that we would include your code directly.  Even then we might make
a few changes here and there to make it fit our way of doing things.

Patches are always appreciated.  Whether they get used or not
usually depends on how much work it takes to integrate them in and
whether the new functionality is worth the effort.  This is one that
people have requested.

Welcome to the dev list!