[Xastir-dev] Long Term CPU

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sun Feb 20 01:21:17 EST 2005

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005, Gerry Creager N5JXS wrote:

> What do we have to do to get Web Map Service requests working, so that the
> radar isn't so bloody huge?  That way folks could snag the image they need,
> rather than the rather unwieldy whole continental US one I'm providing?

I'm busy on another project, so I'm not anxious to take this on
right now.

It would be an easy matter though to take the code we're currently
using for Tigermaps or Toposerver/Terraserver maps and tweak it to
work with the WMS URL's.

Perhaps someone else on here might be interested in taking this on.
It really should be a quick thing to do.  Heck, just get an initial
version kind'a working and I'm sure some of the rest of us will get
in there and shore it up a little, bug-fix the heck out of it.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer