[Xastir-dev] Deprecated file?

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Thu Jan 20 12:37:06 EST 2005

On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 12:21:56PM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <shadow at dementia.org> flavor, containing:
> On Thu, 20 Jan 2005, Curt, WE7U wrote:
>
> >Add to that the confusion factor that new users experience by seeing
> >such messages.  Better to keep it as clean as possible so that they
> >don't worry.
>
> send bootstrap.sh output to /dev/null? ;-)
>
> >Is that the only other option, creating another header file?  It's a
> >bit of a hassle, but if that's the only other way to do it we should
> >probably go that route.  Just my opinion of course.
>
> actually, the clever thing to do would be to rename the autoconf-generated
> header, call the new header config.h, and not touch any code.
>
> either that or their nebulous comment about more complex templates, which
> so far i have found nothing on.

The answer's in the autoconf info files.  There it says that acconfig.h
is used by "ancient" versions of autoconf to add things to config.h.in.

The modern way is to use AH_BOTTOM, AH_TOP, AH_TEMPLATE and AH_VERBATIM.
Using AH_BOTTOM([#ifndef HAVE_SOCKLEN_T.....]) in configure.ac does the
same thing that acconfig.h with @BOTTOM at ... used to.

I'm committing the changes now.

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1
 "When life gives you lemons, find someone with a paper cut."