[Xastir-dev] Risky Business: Try out the new wx alert code

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Jan 26 10:32:22 EST 2005

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Jerry Chamberlin wrote:

> Ok well I have two choices.
>
> Move to Colorado or wait til the storms and flooding get here.
> The weather alerts on mine seemed to lock up even when not visible before the
> code changes, so I suspect, the full firenet feed is loading them all to me.
> Again, with one alert before I saw slow, I see no slow now. It also appeared to
> get slow on station updating, and that too has disappeared, I can get the mouse
> to work much more often.

Yea, you get all the alerts.  You can see them in the View->Weather
Alerts dialog.

I'm running three copies of Xastir here, one of which will be at 100
days runtime today and (CVS version rev 1.4.1), filtered firenet
feed.  The other two are latest CVS and less than a day of runtime
each, unfiltered firenet feed.

Everything is still snappy.  Lot's of extra CPU to play with.
Running 70 to 85% idle with quite a few other apps also running
taking CPU and memory.