[Xastir-dev] Found lesstif segfault problem

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Jan 8 11:37:36 EST 2007

I'm seeing a bug in Lesstif that doesn't appear to exist in
OpenMotif.  It has to do with removing widgets/adding widgets to an
already instantiated dialog.  OpenMotif is ok with it and the
widgets change before your eyes.  Lesstif on the other hand
segfaults and/or doesn't change the widgets at all.

I'm currently seeing this on the Send Message dialog with the three
buttons to enable HamHUD/D700/D7A modes.  These change the fill-in
form after the "Message:" label between one long box, one short box,
two boxes, or three boxes.

When you receive a message from a user or bring up the dialog on an
already-known station the boxes should auto-configure properly for
the type of unit on the other end.  This action can also trigger the
segfault.

Any ideas?  I've been trying to figure out how to change the dialog
without destroying it entirely and rebuilding it, which is what we
do in other places.  I was thinking I could unmap the dialog, change
it, and remap it to the display, but so far that's not working.

There may be other places in the code where we try to change a
dialog without destroying/rebuilding.  If so, those are other
possible segfaults waiting to happen.  At least with Lesstif.