[Xastir-dev] Configure's test for "gv"

J. Lance Cotton joe at lightningflash.net
Fri Jan 12 17:46:22 EST 2007

on 1/12/2007 3:45 PM Tom Russo said the following:
> Unless we're going to drop support for the old style GV options (potentially
> shutting some folks out who haven't upgraded in years), we'll need to run
> gv --version in order to figure the version out.  You could, of course,
> always do something like "test for existence of gv, then run it to test
> version, and if it doesn't run assume it's the new version" or something like
> that.

Not as efficient, but what about just testing for existence of 'gv' and run
gv --version at runtime before each time it is called.

gv is only used for printing, right? Shouldn't be too bad to make two calls.

-Lance

--
J. Lance Cotton, KJ5O
joe at lightningflash.net
http://kj5o.lightningflash.net
Three Step Plan: 1. Take over the world. 2. Get a lot of cookies. 3. Eat the
cookies.