[Xastir-dev] New objects/items not showing up until restart

Paul J. Morris mole at morris.net
Thu Jan 10 10:41:31 EST 2008

Problem identified and fixed (at least for normal objects).  Problem
occurs when Interface>DisableTransmit:All is selected
(and transmit_disable is set to true).

Objects/Items created by the user are relying on output_my_data() to add
the newly created object to the linked lists through a call to
decode_ax25_line() right at the end of output_my_data().   The call to
output_my_data() is usually wrapped in a test like the following:

if (object_tx_disable)
        output_my_data(data,-1,0,1,0,NULL); // Local loopback only
else
        output_my_data(data,-1,0,0,0,NULL); // Transmit/loopback object

Right at the begining of output_my_data is a test to see if
the global transmit_disable is true and the loopback parameter is false.
If it is, then output_my_data immediately returns, without reaching the
call to decode_ax25_line().  Thus if object_tx_disable is false, and
transmit_disable is true, output_my_data() is called with loopback
false, and it immediately exits.

I have fixed this by adding transmit_disable to each of the tests in
objects.c:

if (object_tx_disable || transmit_disable)
        output_my_data(data,-1,0,1,0,NULL); // Local loopback only
else

There is a similar pair of calls to output_my_data() in main.c:
process_RINO_waypoints().  Can someone familiar with the RINO
functionality please check to see if the same fix should be applied
here as well?

There are calls to output_my_data() in other files but it doesn't look
like any of them are in pairs with transmit disable tests.

Merry Snailing,
-Paul

--
Paul J. Morris