[Xastir-dev] New objects/items not showing up until restart

Paul J. Morris mole at morris.net
Wed Jan 9 10:59:04 EST 2008

On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 08:48:16 -0700
Tom Russo <russo at bogodyn.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 09, 2008 at 10:33:36AM -0500, we recorded a
> bogon-computron collision of the <mole at morris.net> flavor, containing:
> > In the current cvs, I'm seeing objects and items that are created by
> > the user through either the Object/Item->Create dialog or as
> > Predefined Objects not show up on the screen until a restart, or be
> > Can anyone else replicate this and see what I'm missing?
>
> Nope.

    Good.  It looks like it is bad data somewhere in my ~/.xastir
directory.  I moved ~/.xastir, started Xastir and the problem went away.

> I haven't followed your changes related to the SQL databases.  There
> are some debug options that might help you see whether your objects
> really are in the linked lists, mostly related to expiration.  Try
> building with "-DEXPIRE_DEBUG" in your CPPFLAGS and you might see
> useful output that dumps the lists.

    Will try this and see if I can track down the cause.  It could be
incorrect time translation of time data (or just bad data) coming out
of a database ending up in a configuration or log file and then messing
up the linked lists.

Merry Snailing,
-Paul
--