[Xastir-dev] Topic: Data Persistence, Xastir-NG

Gerry Creager gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Sat Jun 14 19:04:31 EDT 2008

If we can use postGIS across most/all platforms it'll save us from
having to do a lot of inherent GIS functions.  That said, MySQL and
SQLite can also do a lot of the lifting for us.  Access, believe it or
not, has been shimmed with some form of a spatial-awareness cloak.  I'll
look into the resources needed to support that.

I'm still of two minds about java.  I've got a couple of active projects
under me (but I'm not actively coding on them) that are java-based.  We
see irritating little gotcha's with java all the time, though, and I
worry about that.  Still, the security model is real good, and something
to consider for us.

gerry

Gerry Creager -- gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020 FAX: 979.862.3983