[Xastir-dev] Topic: Supported Platforms, Xastir-NG

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sat Jun 14 21:43:57 EDT 2008

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008, Tom Russo wrote:

> Been working on a $2M/year OO software product for about 8 years.  Not an
> expert, but I have some OO design background.

I have a buddy that I work with that has some OO experience and
books, so I'll see what I can learn.

> Well, there's bouml, argouml, eclipse...

Eclipse I know.  I'm using it for J2EE and GWT work right now.  Have
it installed at work and at home.  I haven't gotten into UML before,
but there must be plugins for Eclipse.  Once the model is done in
UML, can some of the initial code be auto-generated?

> I've not had a lot of confidence in the design tools past the initial
> design process.  They try to be things you can use throughout the life-cycle,
> but mostly they're a hassle.

I've heard that a lot of people do it that way, abandon the design
tools after the initial coding is done.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer