[Xastir-dev] Article as food for thought

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Mon Jun 16 22:44:41 EDT 2008

I am not necessarily advocating adoption of any particular software
development process, but this article:

http://www.methodsandtools.com/archive/archive.php?id=69

enumerates some issues I would like to suggest have relevance to this
discussion (listed under "Some common problems [that] can be observed in
troubled projects").

I think if we do our job at the front of the project before attempting
to generate code and paint ourselves into corners with early design choices,
we can avoid some of those and end up with a seriously excellent
new APRS system that shares pretty much only the name of Xastir.

 "It's so simple to be wise: just think of something stupid to say and
  then don't say it."  --- Sam Levinson