[Xastir-dev] Xastir Requirements Capture

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Jun 17 01:03:59 EDT 2008

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008, Gerry Creager wrote:

> A well-formed feature request with a valid use-case can become a requirement.
> Requirements are consensus-derived but usually obvious to most/all.
>
> In other words, if there's a feature we all agree is neat, it can become a
> requirement.

One thing I've seen done before is a list of requirements/features
all thrown together, then consensus is reached on the each one's
priority and they're re-ordered.  After that, concensus is reached
on where to draw the line for implementation for the next release.
Everything above that line becomes a requirement for that release.

Everything below that line will be ignored for that release and can
be considered a feature request for the next, perhaps even never to
get implemented at all.

Each release cycle the priorities plus where to draw the cutoff line
are re-negotiated by the team.

I don't know if this is a good technique, but I've seen it work.  I
doubt this has _anything_ to do with UML and use cases though, hi
hi, but I haven't read the book yet either.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer