[Xastir-dev] Xastir Requirements Capture

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Jun 17 12:09:12 EDT 2008

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008, John Ronan wrote:

> >Do we _need_ to jump ship?  We've already got a project set up on
> >
> Sorry, not my intention at all, apologies if it looked that way, just want to
> start capturing folks ideas in a structured manner, if there are tools already
> available, by all means lets use them.

You weren't the only one talking about Trac or other things.  No
worries.

I've not been totally happy with SF, particularly regarding anonCVS
access (or lack of) for long periods of time.

Regardless, it'd be extra work to set up a project somewhere else
and we'd need to know that it suited our purposes long-term.

I'd rather spend our energies figuring out what we want to do so
that we can actually do it this time!

Developers:
-----------
*) Are you ok with using the SF Wiki?  If so I'll enable it.
*) Shall we start up another tracker for requirements capture?
*)   If so, what shall we call it?  "Xastir2 Requirements"?

We may want to give some more room for the Xastir-1 project to have
some more release numbers, as we're at 1.93 already.

Text from SF:
"Create a new tracker

You can use this system to track virtually any kind of data, with
each tracker having separate user, group, category, and permission
lists. You can also easily move items between trackers when needed.

Trackers are referred to as "Artifact Types" and individual pieces
of data are "Artifacts". "Bugs" might be an Artifact Type, whiles a
bug report would be an Artifact. You can create as many Artifact
Types as you want, but remember you need to set up categories,
groups, and permission for each type, which can get time-consuming.

Name: (examples: meeting minutes, test results, RFP Docs)"

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer