[Xastir-dev] Anti-aliasing and transparency

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Apr 20 11:58:01 EDT 2009

On Sun, 19 Apr 2009, Tom Hayward wrote:

> I'm watching a bike race with Xastir and the Tiger 2008 maps. There
> are lots of overlapping tracks. It got me thinking--the whole thing
> would be a lot easier to read if there was anti-aliasing on the maps,
> tracks, and text, and semi-transparency on the tracks. What would it
> take to accomplish this? I haven't poked around in the GUI code at
> all. Does Xastir already use a library that supports these options?

Semi-transparency:  Yes.  There are bit-blitting operations
available in the X11 libraries.  We use them currently for weather
alerts.

Anti-aliasing:  I don't believe any of us have ever looked into
that.  Feel free and report back?  hi hi

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer