[Xastir-dev] Anti-aliasing and transparency

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Apr 20 12:19:04 EDT 2009

On Mon, 20 Apr 2009, J. Lance Cotton wrote:

>> Anti-aliasing:  I don't believe any of us have ever looked into
>> that.  Feel free and report back?  hi hi
>
> I looked into it once. One option, the quick one, was to double the height
> and width of the drawing canvas, the use ImageMagick or Graphicsmagick to
> scale it down.

The algorithm for scaling down by 2 doesn't sound difficult, but
maybe they do something special like look at the surrounding pixels
and vote to determine the final pixel.  In any case we should be
able to do it in C very quickly using the same algorithm that IM or
GM use.

> Another option would be to find a graphics library that supports the same
> kinds of primitives as Motif (not hard) and also supports anti-aliasing.

This may get implemented in time as we'd like to move to a more
cross-platform-friendly GUI at some point.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer