[Xastir-dev] Anti-aliasing and transparency

James Cloos cloos+xastir-dev at jhcloos.com
Mon Apr 27 01:12:57 EDT 2009

>> Anti-aliasing:  I don't believe any of us have ever looked into
>> that.  Feel free and report back?  hi hi

Tom> I looked into anti-aliasing for XDrawString yesterday. Looks like
Tom> Xft font anti-aliasing is handled on the Qt/GTK+ level.

Given that you are looking at a lower level, cairo¹ will be your best
bet.  The model is based on that used by postscript and pdf, and it
supports a number of output surfaces, including pdf, postscript, svg
and png files, as well as x11, osx and windows GUI displays.

The x11 surface uses xrender when available.

An opengl backend is also in the works.

1] http://www.cairographics.org

-JimC