[Xastir-dev] Versions of DB?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sun Dec 6 07:33:39 EST 2009

On Sat, 5 Dec 2009, Carl Makin wrote:

> What versions of DB are "officially" supported for Xastir?  What versions
> have people tried and found work?

I think 4.x should work, the later the better.  I'm running 4.5 on
OpenSuSE-11.1 here.

Xastir has a run-time check to make sure that the version it was
compiled with and the version it gets linked/run with are the same,
else it disables map caching.  This is required to prevent Xastir
from crashing due to a mismatch.  It's common for systems to have
more than one version installed:  As long as the headers for the
most current version are the only headers installed and Xastir was
compiled using those, you're usually ok.