[Xastir-dev] A likely direction?

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 18:36:13 EDT 2010

On Wed, 11 Aug 2010, Jason KG4WSV wrote:

> I hope this later version has better support for "objects" (can't
> remember the marble terminology for APRS-like objects).  One of our
> student teams used this in a Qt-APRS project in the spring, and the
> software basically didn't allow dynamic objects, according to their
> findings.

It may or may not be flexible enough for our purposes, but even if
it's just blocks of code we can borrow from, the project is worth a
look.  I have TCP/IP connects working Qt4.  I don't have serial
ports or mapping, which Marble already has.

> It certainly looks good, but one thing I haven't checked out is the
> dependency list for it.

Yes, we need as few dependencies as possible.  This has historically
been a problem for new Xastir users compiling from source.  That and
some libraries breaking their API's every once in a while.