[Xastir-dev] cs_CZ translation

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 11:36:03 EDT 2010

On Sat, 21 Aug 2010, Petr Vanek wrote:

> PV> i would like to translate xastir to my native language, but the
> PV> language-LANG.sys files don't seem like traditional po files.
> PV>
> PV> What coding is supported? Can i use unicode?
>
> huh, nobody?

I was hoping that someone who knew more about it would comment.  I
don't think we can use Unicode at present.  We don't use the
xastir/po/ directory or contents at all.  We use the
xastir/config/lang* files.

If you can represent enough of your characters to do it with the
present system, you'd copy the language-English.sys file to a new
filename and translate it.  The English file is the most up-to-date
one.

I can help with setting up the rest of the code for the new file.
Just let me know the new filename and send me copies of it
periodically and I'll get it into CVS for you.