[Xastir-dev] rx data handling diagrams

James Cameron VK2LQZ vk2lqz at wia.org.au
Fri Feb 12 17:58:44 EST 2010

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 04:19:37PM -0600, Jason KG4WSV wrote:
> Here are some rough flow charts for the handling of received packets
> on server and TNC interfaces.  I'd appreciate a sanity check if you
> have the time.
>
> http://www.eng.uah.edu/~jdw/cpe453/tnc-rx-data-flow.pdf
>
> http://www.eng.uah.edu/~jdw/cpe453/server-rx-data-flow.pdf

As flow charts they are good.  But I'm not really sure whether the data
flow decisions are correct, because I don't know enough about the data
flow that exists now.

The file names made me think they were data flow diagrams or process
models ... have you got them yet?  I'm hoping to see something like that
some day ... lines show direction of flow of data, rectangles show
processes or systems with temporary or persistent data stores among
them.

I'd expect one to show the system being built in context with
surrounding systems, and one showing the system being built alone.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/