[Xastir-dev] IPv6 Patch

John Ronan jpronans at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 04:52:11 EDT 2010

On 28 Jul 2010, at 09:37, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Jul 2010, John Ronan wrote:
>
>> I was kinda waiting on some feedback, I would have cleaned up after myself (promise!).
>
> Rgr.  Have some stuff cleaned up to my satisfaction already.
>
> It looks like hostname.c, festival.c, macspeech.c, and wx_gui.c use
> sockets as well but were untouched by the patch.
Oh..

Hmmm
hostname.c yes, from what I could figure out, the new getaddrinfo seems to perform most of what the functions in hostname.c do. So I think interface.c doesn't use it anymore.

festival.c, macspeech.c and wx_gui.c  I never looked at at all, hmmm, I may have forgotten to forward port an original patch.

festival.c is a client, so I should be able to do that
wx_gui.c seems to be a client also

macspeech.c I can't see any socket calls in, I'll go have some caffine.

I'll work on a patch for festival.c and wx_gui.c.

Question, there is a 'connect_client' function that I used, it really should be pulled out into a common header file, but I wasn't sure where it should go.  Have you/are you intending to do that?

de John
EI7IG