[Xastir-dev] extern void update_image()

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 15:59:52 EDT 2010

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010, Jerry Dunmire wrote:

> Great. I'll clean this up in a future patch.
>
> The 'static' qualifier does not seem to be used much in this program.
> Is that just historical, or is there something else (perhaps to make
> it easier to see the symbols in a debugger)?

Just from my perspective, there's precious little time to get done
what needs to be done, so coding proceeds at a frantic pace.  Errors
and most warnings from the compiler get fixed, some quick testing
may reveal bugs that get fixed, then it's committed to CVS.
Sometimes(?) the users find more bugs and those are fixed, hopefully
before the developer forgets the section of code he was working on.
No time/energy is allocated to doing it the "correct" or "more
correct" way.  Make sense?

I think a lot of open-source projects run in a similar manner.
Adding new features is interesting.  Scanning existing code for
problems is not.  Guess what gets done more by volunteer coders?