[Xastir-dev] Proposal for eliminating the .osm files

Jerry Dunmire jerry at dunmire.org
Wed Jun 16 18:45:48 EDT 2010

I am not happy with the duplication of map files that the .osm
extension causes, but I want to be able to easily display nice looking
OSM maps (i.e., without significant scaling of the bit maps). So I'm
proposing that when an OSM static map is selected that the Zoom In/Out
and Zoom Levels (from the right-click menu) change to OSM levels. The
area zoom, +/-10%, and custom zoom operations would not change. This
would allow easy selection of an xastir scale that matches an OSM
level.

Thoughts? Comments? Objections?

73,
...jerry