[Xastir-dev] Proposal for eliminating the .osm files;

Jerry Dunmire jerry at dunmire.org
Thu Jun 17 22:59:32 EDT 2010

OK, I found what I think are the relevant functions, index_*() in
map.c, and the structure definition in map.h.

Here is what I think is being asked:

At present map_geo.c does not open and read the .geo file during
indexing, but that would be changed (slowing the indexing, but perhaps
acceptable). Then the index_update_xastir() API would be changed to
allow additional information to be passed in (like zoom mode,
projection type, name of a copyright file, etc.).

Once the index has the information then the Map Chooser would be
turned into a larger dialog (or one with a horizontal scroll bar) so
that the additional information can be displayed. But that probably
does not provide enough room for extended text such as copyright
strings and an explanation of the zoom operation. So I'm not sure that
will work...

Is this the right track? Is it worth it?

73,
...jerry