[Xastir-dev] Another proposal to eliminate .osm files

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Wed Jun 23 21:27:40 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 05:11:29PM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <curt.we7u at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> On Wed, 23 Jun 2010, Jerry Dunmire wrote:
>
> > Are there any objections to my defining the F3 function key to adjust
> > the scaling to the nearest OSM level and redraw? No other zoom
> > functions or menus would be changed. This function would be enabled by
> > a variable in the .geo file for the OSM maps. If an OSM map is not
> > selected, the F3 key would do nothing.
>
> Nope.  As long as it's not used for anything else right now.

Except that function keys might be in use by the user's window manager for
things.  It's an unusual case, but not unheard of.

In my case, F3 is bound in my fvwm2rc to iconify windows, and has been for
as long as I've been using FVWM (which, I think, is at least 15 years).  F1 and
F2 are spoken for, too.  Other folks may have those keys bound in odd ways.

Might it not be better to find some other keyboard shortcut, perhaps tied to
a menu entry?

 "The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off."