[Xastir-dev] Has the IPV6 stuff been merged into the mainline?

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Fri Jan 26 16:32:15 PST 2018

On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 06:24:50PM -0600, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <godfreja at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> Sorry about the bug.
>
> It looks like you are hitting the known bug. I've pushed a quick fix to
> https://github.com/godfreja/Xastir/tree/ipv6fix you can try if you would
> like. This will also fix the "IPv4 preferred over IPv6" issue that was also
> reported.

To do this most easily:

   git checkout master
   git checkout -b godfreja-ipv6fix
   git pull https://github.com/godfreja/Xastir.git ipv6fix

You'll have Jason's quick fix on your godfreja-ipv6fix branch to test out.
(Oh, and yes, I did actually check that my recommended commands actually work
before posting this time.)

> Tom - while testing this fix I saw some odd interaction in error state
> between multiple interfaces. I'm not sure if it is related to my IPv6
> changes or not. I would like to see if I can reproduce what I saw and dig
> into it over the weekend.

Hmmmm.  OK, I won't merge your quick fix just yet.

I wonder why this issue didn't bite me.  It seems that not exiting from that
loop on success would have a more consistent problem.  I've also pulled down
this fix and am testing it out on an IPv4-only system.