[Xastir-dev] Has the IPV6 stuff been merged into the mainline?

Jason Godfrey godfreja at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 16:24:50 PST 2018

Sorry about the bug.

It looks like you are hitting the known bug. I've pushed a quick fix to
https://github.com/godfreja/Xastir/tree/ipv6fix you can try if you would
like. This will also fix the "IPv4 preferred over IPv6" issue that was also
reported.

Tom - while testing this fix I saw some odd interaction in error state
between multiple interfaces. I'm not sure if it is related to my IPv6
changes or not. I would like to see if I can reproduce what I saw and dig
into it over the weekend.

- Jason

On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 6:03 PM, David Flood <davidf4 at mindspring.com> wrote:

> alert_display_request
> alert_display_request
> alert_display_request
>
> shutdown_all_active_or_defined_port: 0
>
> Shutting down port 0
> Delete Device start
> Close a Network stream
> Net detach
> Net detach Start, port 0
> net_detach():Net Close Returned 0, port 0
> Net detach stop, port 0
> port detach OK
> Cancel threads
> Port Available 0
> Opening a Network stream
> net_connect_thread():Net Shutdown 1 Returned -1, port 0
> net_connect_thread():Net Close 1 Returned 0, port 0
> Creating new thread
> 10
> net_connect_thread start
> We have a socket to use
> after setsockopt
> calling connect(), port: 14580
> 10
> connect result was: 0
> We have a socket to use
> after setsockopt
> calling connect(), port: 14580
> connect result was: 0
> We have a socket to use
> after setsockopt
> calling connect(), port: 14580
> 10
> connect result was: 0
> We have a socket to use
> after setsockopt
> calling connect(), port: 14580
> 10
> connect result was: 0
> We have a socket to use
> after setsockopt
> calling connect(), port: 14580
> 9
> connect result was: 0
> We have a socket to use
> after setsockopt
> calling connect(), port: 14580
> 9
> connect result was: 0
> We have a socket to use
> after setsockopt
> calling connect(), port: 14580
> 9
> connect result was: 0
> We have a socket to use
> after setsockopt
> calling connect(), port: 14580
> 9
> connect result was: 0
> We have a socket to use
> after setsockopt
> calling connect(), port: 14580
> connect result was: -1
> Socket connection for interface 0 type (10, 1, 6) failed: Network is
> unreachable
> This is OK since we have more to try.
> We have a socket to use
> after setsockopt
> calling connect(), port: 14580
> connect result was: -1
> Socket connection for interface 0 type (10, 1, 6) failed: Network is
> unreachable
> This is OK since we have more to try.
> We have a socket to use
> after setsockopt
> calling connect(), port: 14580
> connect result was: -1
> [...]

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is often difficult to
verify their authenticity." - *Abraham Lincoln*