[Xastir-dev] Xastir Qt, where should it reside?

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Tue Apr 16 09:58:49 PDT 2019

On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 09:02:39AM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <curt.we7u at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> So far I think that's where I'm leaning as well. Tom? Anyone else?

Yeah, should probably be separate.  There are ways to make it happen so that
history is preserved when moving it all, but it'll take a little thought
to do it cleanly.

As I recall, the Xastir-qt code shares almost nothing with the motif code,
not even the database and parsing code, so it is reasonable to split it
off properly if it is going to be worked on.

> On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 8:59 AM Jason Godfrey <godfreja at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello.
> >
> > I feel it should be be a separate repository under the Xastir project.
> > Keeps it separate enough but still tied to Xastir.
> >
> > - Jason
> >
> > On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 10:58 AM Curt Mills <curt.we7u at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > The Xastir Qt project is in Xastir/src/qt/
> > >
> > > It's entirely separate code and an entirely separate build system from
> > the
> > > C-code Xastir. Should it remain there, become a branch, become an
> > entirely
> > > separate repository under Github:xastir/Xastir, a new project under
> > Github
> > > entirely?
> > >
> > > Thoughts?
> > >
> > > Note: Not that there's anything happening on that project currently but
> > I'm
> > > still hoping to contribute more to it in the future. I build and ran it
> > > recently to assure it still builds.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Curt, WE7U        http://we7u.wetnet.net
> > > http://www.sarguydigital.com
> > >

> > --
> > "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is often difficult to
> > verify their authenticity." - *Abraham Lincoln*
> >

> --
> Curt, WE7U        http://we7u.wetnet.net        http://www.sarguydigital.com

Tom Russo    KM5VY
Tijeras, NM