[Xastir-dev] Xastir Qt, where should it reside?

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Tue Apr 16 10:01:16 PDT 2019

On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 10:58:49AM -0600, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <russo at bogodyn.org> flavor, containing:
> On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 09:02:39AM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <curt.we7u at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> > So far I think that's where I'm leaning as well. Tom? Anyone else?
>
> Yeah, should probably be separate.  There are ways to make it happen so that
> history is preserved when moving it all, but it'll take a little thought
> to do it cleanly.
>
> As I recall, the Xastir-qt code shares almost nothing with the motif code,
> not even the database and parsing code, so it is reasonable to split it
> off properly if it is going to be worked on.

I also missed the line here where you asked if it should just become a branch.
I do not believe this is the right approach.  Either leave it as a subdirectory
or move it to a separate project altogether.  Maintaining a long-running,
basically orthogonal branch is not the way to go.

> > On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 8:59 AM Jason Godfrey <godfreja at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello.
> > >
> > > I feel it should be be a separate repository under the Xastir project.
> > > Keeps it separate enough but still tied to Xastir.
> > >
> > > - Jason

> > > the
> > > entirely
> > > Github

> > > I'm

> > > --
> > > "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is often difficult to
> > > verify their authenticity." - *Abraham Lincoln*
> > >

> > --
> > Curt, WE7U        http://we7u.wetnet.net        http://www.sarguydigital.com
>
> --
> Tom Russo    KM5VY
> Tijeras, NM
>
>  echo "prpv_a'rfg_cnf_har_cvcr" | sed -e 's/_/ /g' | tr [a-m][n-z] [n-z][a-m]

Tom Russo    KM5VY
Tijeras, NM