[Xastir-dev] scripts/get-NWSdata

Curt Mills curt.we7u at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 12:22:52 PDT 2019

I'm used to running get-NWSdata from my source directory as root to snag
down the NWS files for weather alerts. I tried that today from
Xastir/scripts/ and it error-ed out. Turns out it uses the "values" file
generated by the build. If you use a "build" directory that file ends up at
"Xastir/build/scripts/value".

The "values" file gets installed in "/usr/local/share/xastir/scripts" or
similar so running the script from there is an option. I'm wondering if
there's a better way of handing this. "values" and "values.pl" contain the
$prefix variable contents used by Xastir scripts.

- Could we write the path into scripts during the build?
- Could we use the path derived from "which xastir" directly in scripts
instead?
- Some other method that gets rid of "values" and "values.pl"?

I'm not big into bourne/bash shell scripting so I'm not sure whether the
above would be an improvement or how to implement for these types of
scripts. For Perl scripts I can implement.

"values" or "values.pl" are used by get-BOMdata, get-NWSdata, get-fcc-rac.pl,
get-gnis, get-pop, icontable.pl, xastir-fixcfg.sh and xastir-migrate.sh
scripts.

The fact that they get put elsewhere if you use a "build" directory is what
led me to think about "values" and "values.pl".

--
Curt, WE7U        http://we7u.wetnet.net        http://www.sarguydigital.com