[Xastir-dev] scripts/get-NWSdata

km5vy Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Thu Apr 18 15:17:14 PDT 2019

On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 02:58:41PM -0600, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <russo at bogodyn.org> flavor, containing:
> On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 01:55:18PM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <curt.we7u at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> > On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 1:52 PM Tom Russo <russo at bogodyn.org> wrote:
> >
> > > On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 12:22:52PM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron
> > > collision of the <curt.we7u at gmail.com> flavor, containing:

> > > Yes.  Exactly the same way that it's written into values.pl:  by making
> > > a ".in" template for the script, an having the actual script be created
> > > from the template by configure.
> > >
> > > It is not much more trouble to do that than to jump through other, possibly
> > > non-portable kludges.
> > >

> > Cool. Maybe someone could do that? (BTW: Not me!)
>

> I think I might be able to find a few round tuits tonight.  It is basically
> a matter with moving all the scripts to <scriptname>.in, changing the
> call to "values" with something like 'prefix="@prefix@"' (which is all that
> values.in and values.pl.in have, really), and a few minor configure.ac and
> Makefile.am hacks (basically copied from what's done with values.in and
> values.pl.in).
>
> It probably took me longer to write that than it will take to do.

Not quite, but done.  Pull request #62.  Contains a little other cleanup, too.

Now the scripts in question get configured with the install prefix at
configure time and spit out into the build directory.  They should work if
run from there, or if installed.

> > Do xastir-fixcfg.sh and xastir-migrate still have value in 2019?  Both
> > > scripts
> > > exist *solely* to fix up installs of Xastir from prior to the Great Install
> > > Reorg of 2003?   Do we really need to keep worrying about maintaining
> > > a script to help someone with a 16-year old obsolete install upgrade to
> > > the current build without simply starting from scratch?
> > >

> > No. I think it's time to get rid of them.
>
> Excellent.  Unneeded code removed is code debugged.

Debugged in pull request #62.

--
Tom Russo    KM5VY
Tijeras, NM