[Xastir-dev] Travis-CI / Branches / Git

Curt Mills curt.we7u at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 11:12:55 PDT 2019

The Travis-CI settings for a repo have a setting for building pushed
branches and I have that enabled for my Github forks of Xastir and
Xastir-Qt.

Thinking about the workflow: If I work on a "warning-fixes" branch then
want to push it to my Github fork to trigger Travis-CI, I'd push my branch
up there and Travis-CI would create another report section for the branch?
Right now it just compiles "master".

I want to trigger Travis-CI to verify that I got rid of compiler warnings
before I do a pull-request up to the Xastir/Xastir project.

Once I start pushing branches up to my Github fork I also need to know how
to delete the remote branch, but I can hunt through the books when that
time comes and figure it out. In fact I can probably do it from the Github
web interface also (but usually prefer CLI).

I'm trying to avoid merging my branch with my Github fork master just to
get the Travis-CI report.

--
Curt, WE7U        http://we7u.wetnet.net        http://www.sarguydigital.com