[Xastir-dev] interface xastir to aprs-over-lora

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sat Jul 24 13:27:25 PDT 2021

On Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 02:25:14PM -0600, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <russo at bogodyn.org> flavor, containing:
> On Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 10:06:52PM +0200, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <kristoff at skypro.be> flavor, containing:
> > Hi Jason, Tom, David, all,
> >

> > As I understand it correctly, the interfaces in xastir are designed for
> > AX.25, so I guess that is a problem.
> > Am I correct to assume that, even if I would implement the KISS protocol
> > (which is the easiest one to do), that still would not work as xastir still
> > expect AX.25 data on top of that.
> > Is this correct?
>
> Probably not.

I should clarify that "probably not" --- what I meant was that it was probably
not a problem, and assuming it wouldn't work is probably not correct.  I
think it *could* be made to work without much trouble.

On the other hand, the idea you had about using APRS-IS is probably better,
and the thing I suggested about just leveraging Xastir's server port is probably
something you could code up *very* quickly.

--
Tom Russo    KM5VY
Tijeras, NM